A quick list of a few things I wish I was told before I used any essential oils-
• Dilute, Dilute, Dilute- essential oils are incredibly strong and can cause skin sensitivities. If in doubt, use less- you can add more later if needed.
• Internal usage of essential oils is very controversial and should only be done under the advice or your doctor. They are all natural but can adversely affect any other medications you may be taking. Caution is key here.
• Oils work differently for each person- what works great for 1 may not be the answer for the next. Some trial and error may be needed to get the effect you are looking for.
• Common applications for oils include putting into roller ball bottles with fractionated coconut oil. The number of drops used depends on the end user- usually no more than 10 drops of oil per 10ml roller bottle is needed. Less is More!!
• For children, elderly, and pregnant women- do your research and use cautiously. I personally would never use undiluted oils on a child- they are too strong. A great website for reference is https://www.naha.org/explore-aromatherapy/safety.
• If you don’t have a diffuser, you can easily get the same results by putting distilled water in a glass spray bottle, add a few drops of your essential oil, shake and spray. Can be used on linens, as a room spray, perfume, first aid spray, and more.
• Citrus oils can break down certain types of plastic. To permanently store your blends and recipes, you need essential oil quality bottles or use HDPE, Plastic 1 (PETE) or Plastic 2 bottles.